Friday, January 27, 2012

Bachelorette Par-tay!

Yesterday my new cousin Sarah sent me an email about how to "calculate the number of Kardashians you've been married." (You can try it here.) Lucky for me I've been married 22.65! Anyway it made me think that I never shared the treats that I made for her Bachelorette Party back in September. As you know Sarah is a big fan of this endeavor so I certainly wasn't willing to go to her big weekend empty-handed.

I chose to bake my sugar cookies but change things up with the icing. Instead of my royal icing designs, I decided to pipe buttercream roses on top of each cookie. I loved the look and think it would be pretty for any shower/party.


The real winner of the weekend though? The chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes I brought. We ate these for dessert and again with our coffee for breakfast. People were still asking me about them at the wedding two months later. Loved that!


For me it goes back to my thoughts on making it personal when celebrating special events. I knew my sweets-loving future cousin would enjoy these things so it was more than worth the effort invested in making them.

Happy Friday everyone! Wishing you all a very happy weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I saw some chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes on pinterest the other day! I wonder if they are similar... my mouth has been watering ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been married 1.15 whole Kardashians and I'm STILL dreaming of those cupcakes and cookies!! Nothing is more "me" than pink and chocolate :) Loved them and you!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete